Perpustakaan Awam Mukah telah ditubuhkan pada 1.10.1971. Semenjak penubuhannya, Majlis Daerah Dalat dan Mukah telah melakukan pelbagai usaha kearah memajukan perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan dengan terlaksananya pembinaan bangunan perpustakaan baru pada tahun 2002. Bangunan baru ini mempunyai 2 tingkat, dilengkapi dengan penhawa dinging dan mempunyai suasana persekitaran yang selesa dan kondusif untuk pembelajaran, riadah, perkongsian sumber maklumat dan kreativiti.
Bangunan perpustakaan ini yang mempunyai 2 tingkat ini terdiri daripada:
- TINGKAT BAWAH
- Kaunter perkhidmatan
- Koleksi Terbuka (untuk Dewasa, Remaja dan Kanak-kanak)
- Ruang Bacaan
- Ruang Infortek Kanak-kanak
- TINGKAT SATU
- Koleksi Rujukan
- Ruang Bacaan
- Bilik Perbincangan
- Bilik Serbaguna
- Bilik Produktiviti
- Bilik Multimedia
Untuk Menyadiakan pelbagai maklumat ke arah pembinaan tamadun ilmu dikalangan masyarakat setempat.
Untuk menanam dan mengukuh tabiat membaca dikalangan masyarakat dalam bentuk masyarakat yang berilmu dan celik IT.
PERKHIDMATAN YANG DISEDIAKAN
- Perkhidmatan Pinjaman
- Perkhidmatan Rujukan
- Perkhidmatan Internet
- Perkhidmatan Multimedia
- Perkhidmatan OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Perkhidmatan Video Conferencing
- Perkhidmatan Cetakan
- Perkhidmatan Produktiviti
PERPUSTAKAAN CAWANGAN DAN DESA
- Perpustakaan Awam Cawangan Dalat
- Perpustakaan Desa Oya
- Perpustakaan Desa Balingan
- Perpustakaan Bergerak
|Library Rules and Regulations
1. This Public Library is under the management and control of Mukah and Dalat District Council.
2. The library shall be under the charge of the Mykah and Dalat District Council Library Head or any other person authorized by the Council to act on his behalf.
3. No person other than the person permitted by the Library Head so to shall remove or lend any book from the library. Only registered members are allowed to borrow books.
4. (a) Memberships: Application forms must be completed in full. An application is required to produce his/her identity card or birth certificate when applying for membership. Members should inform the library of any change of their address.
(b) Any person normally resident in MUkah and Dalat District Council shall be eligible for membership on payment of annual fees as follows:
|Adult Membership (19 years old and above)||RM6.00|
|Junior Membership (13-18 years old)||RM4.00|
|Young Membership (12 years old and below)||RM2.00|
(c) Membership tickets are not transferable.
5. (a) Members (Adult, Junior and Young) may borrow two (2) books at any time.
(b) No books shall be taken out of the library at any one time unless it is issued and stamped at the counter service by the library staff.
6. (a) A person having the charge or possession of any book on loan from the library shall return the book to the library on or before the date stated.
(b) The period of loan is two (2) weeks only from the date issued, after which books may be renewed once only if they are not requested by another member.
(c) A person who fails to return any book on loan from the library on the date of expiry shall, whether a reminder from the library has been isued or not, be liable to payment or a fine.
(d) A fine of 10 cents per day shall be charged against a person who fails to return any book on loan from the library one week after expiry of the stated date. Failure to pay the said fine shall deprive the defaulting person the priviledge of borrowing further books or using other facilities from the library.
(e) A person who having the charge or possession of any book on loan from the library shall cause or permit such book to be lost or mislaid shall report such loss to the officer-in-charge of the library at once.
(f) Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 6(d) hereof a person who has caused or permitted a book on loan from the library to be lost or mislaid, shall be liable to pay a sum not exceeding the purchase price of the books.
7. No person shall soil, tear, cut, deface, injure or destroy any book of the library and book includes any and every book, newspaper, magazine, periodical pamphlet, picture, print, photograph, engraving, map chart, plan and other article of a like nature forming part of the contents of the library.
8. No person shall make a tracing of any portion of a book without prior permission of the officer-in-charge or any officer of the library.
9. No person shall disfigure or cause damage to any part of the library property and premises.
10. No person other than the officer-in-sharge of the library shall affix or post any bill, placard, or notice in the library.
11. No person shall engage in distracting conversation or make any unnecessary noise in the library. The use of hand phones, pagers, earphones is prohibited in the library.
12. No person shall willfully obstruct the officer-in-charge or any officer of the library or servant of the council in the execution of his duty or willfully disturb or annoy any other person in the proper use of the library.
13. No person shall smoke or light match or lighter of any description in any part of the library.
14. No person shall cause or allow any dog or other animal belonging to him or under his control to enter or remain in the library.
15. No person shall drink, partake of refreshment or food in the library.
16. No person, unless with the permission of the officer-in-charge of the library, may bring any article or book not belonging to the library, into the library.
17. The council shall not be responsible for the loss of any personal article belonging to any person using the library.
18. No person suffering from an offensive or contagious disease shall enter or remain in the library.
19. No person shall lie on the benches, chair, tables or floor of the library. However, children may be allowed to lie on the floor at the children corner area.
20. No person other than the officer-in-charge or an officer or servant of the council shall enter or remain in any part of the library no set apart for the use of the public.
21. Any lawful orders given by the Mukah and Dalat District Council shall be complied with at all time.
22. The council may close the library at any time without notice.
|Library Opening Hours
|Monday ~ Thursday :||10:00am-12:00pm
|Sunday, Public Holidays, 1st & 3rd Saturday :||Closed|
Majlis Daerah Dalat dan Mukah,
Jalan Kubu II,
Peti Surat 68,
Library Website : http://mukahlibrary.librarynet.com.my
Tel : 084-873728
Fax : 084-871041