Pustaka Negeri Sarawak is a library, but not just any library. It is an investment for everyone's future. The building and services are thoughtfully conceived and designed to enable anyone to use it. Practical things like a childcare centre. Distinctive things like the Special Needs room. Things you might not even notice, like automatic doors and wheelchair-friendly aisles. Researchers can look up the Special Collections here, everything ever written about Borneo, both facts and fiction. It is a storehouse of knowledge, presented in the most technologically advanced way possible.
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak is more than just a beautifully designed building in an extensive park. It is more then a collection of sophisticated devices or specialised services. Pustaka Negeri Sarawak is about people. The people who work the frontlines to answer your queries, guide you around, serve you. The people behind-the-scenes, who answer your telephone calls, reply your letters and e-mails, track down the book you want, digitised the fragile rare books so that you can easily access and view them. Pustaka Negeri Sarawak is about you, the user. The people who come in search of information and knowledge, visit the exhibits, attend a book launch, conduct business through our facilities, or simply enjoy the park.
For more information, please visit Pustaka Negeri Sarawak homepage http://www.pustaka-sarawak.com
|Who can borrow?
- Only members of the library, with exception of members using Children's account (4 - 12 years old), may borrow calculable items from the library.
- Each member is entitled to borrow 4 items at one time.
- Members should produce their IC at the counter upon borrowing of items.
- Depending on the type of items, the standard borrowing period is 14 opening days.
- Members can perform the renewing procedure through phone or through the library counter.
- Phone renewals are not allowed when the items are overdue and members are required to return the items as soon as possible.
|Fines And Late Charges
- Upon late return, minimal fines will be charged upon the members, depending on the number of days the item is returned from the stated due date.
- Calculation of charges are as follows:
|1st - 3rd day:||RM 0.10|
|4th - 6th day:||RM 0.20|
|7th - 30th day:||RM 0.50|
- Payments can be made through cash or by deducting the members' top-up account.
- On the 31st day after the borrowing date ends, the item(s) is considered lost and member will be charged according to the current market price of the item(s).
- Reservation of items that have been checked out can be performed through the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) or through the library counter.
- Members will be notified through phone upon the return of the item(s).
|Library Opening Hours
|Monday to Sunday:||11:00am - 7:00pm|
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak
Off Jalan Stadium
93502 Petra Jaya