Welcome to Pustaka Miri, the regional library of Pustaka Negeri Sarawak. Pustaka Miri caters for information and research needs of the Miri's population as well as neighbouring districts and towns around the northern region of Sarawak. This library is another 'Fountain of Knowledge' set up in line with Pustaka Negeri Sarawak's target of ensuring all individuals within the State be given equal opportunity to access information and acquire knowledge.
Linked to Pustaka Negeri Sarawak via Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, Pustaka Miri is an epitome of digital library that provides a combination of print as well as electronic and digital information resources.
Pustaka Miri is:
- A research and reference centre, with collections at a level that will be able to assist researchers as well as other knowledge and information seekers;
- An off site depository centre for legal deposit materials;
- A centre for development of special collections relating to Miriana and other local history initiatives;
- A contributor to Pustaka Negeri Sarawak's databases on information materials on and about Sarawak;
- A place that provides education and activities to raise information literacy.
For more information, please visit Pustaka Miri homepage.
|Wear proper and decent attire
- Skirts and shorts must be knee-length and presentable.
- Slippers, skin tight trousers, sleeveless dresses and tattered jeans are not allowed.
|Maintain a conducive environment for study and do research
- No talking and discussions except in the discussion rooms.
- Switch off hand phones a all times within the Pustaka Building.
- No smoking allowed within and around Pustaka premises.
- Children under 4 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Leave your bags at the baggage room.
- No food and drinks allowed within the Pustaka building.
|Respect other users and the Pustaka administrative rules
- No chatting allowed over the Internet.
- Do not swarm terminals with a group of friends.
- Parents are to ensure proper behavior of their children.
|Pustaka Miri Responsibilities
1. Pustaka Miri disclaim any responsibility on injury, casualty or side effects due to the usage or abuse of any facilities or services provided.
|Library Opening Hours
|Monday to Sunday:||11:00am - 7:00pm|
Miri City Fan