Library Management System is a system that designed to facilitate small scale libraries. LIBMAS 2.0 is now available with more features and enhancements of previous version functionalities.
New Featuresources/Functions & Enhancements
1. ACQUISITION OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- All library materials will be catalogued by key information such as author, title and subject brief synopsis of the material to facilitate search and retrieval.
2. ACQUISITION OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Information on library materials acquired such as acquisition date, sources, number of copies ordered and physical location of the materials will be recorded. This function also allows updating of lost or archived materials.
- Records of orders and information on publishers and suppliers can be easily referenced to allow checking against delivery of orders. The system will also aid in the tracking of renewals of external publications.
3. MANAGEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP AND CIRCULATION
- The system keeps track of members information and loan records as well as manage circulation of library materials. Functionalities such as surcharge for late returns, penalty for loss of materials borrowed, sending of reminders and the generation of statistics are handled. Materials returned to the library will be updated and reflected immediately in the On-line Inquiry Service.
4. PROCESSING OF MATERIAL RESERVATIONS
- Library materials can be reserved if the materials are loaned out at the time of enquiry by the members. This will enable librarians to track and contact the person that reserve the materials upon the returning of the materials to the library.
5. MANAGEMENT OF PERIODICALS
- Proper serials management is essential for libraries that order periodicals. The system enable librarians to keep track of the schedule of the arrival, renewal and termination of the periodicals.
6. ON-LINE INQUIRY SERVICE
- This service allows searching of required material by one or more of the catalogued fields. Information provided will include title of book, edition, catalogue reference, publisher, subject, author, brief synopsis, physical location of book, and status of availability.